Migrate from ECC to SAP S/4 HANA with Fingent
Utilize SAP’s latest innovations and make your business change-resilient by championing your move to SAP S/4HANA with Fingent. Our SAP experts and consultants understand how inextricably SAP is tied to your digital transformation strategy. That’s why we have carved a unique S4 Hana migration approach tailored to your business needs. Since 2003, we have been helping organizations solve business challenges using technology.
SAP S/4HANA comes on-premise, cloud-hosted, or hybrid. It eliminates redundancies and avoids the necessity to separate OLTP and OLAP. S4 HANA migration helps you apply speed to a simpler data model. Your employees can gain predictive insights and focus on value-adding work as the built-in machine learning enables automation of key processes across your business. With Fingent, you can plan your step-by-step migration to S4 Hana and accomplish the same at your own pace.
Simplifying S/4HANA Migration
- Analyze the right platform (On-Premise or Cloud) that fits your requirements and budget
- Analyze if cleansing of data is required to avoid risks of licensing and downtimes
- Successful migration of legacy SAP system to SAP S/4HANA
- Detailed business roadmap and end-to-end technical support for seamless S4 migration
- Methodical and systematic execution from planning to migration
- Create SAP Sandbox environment initially as a proof of concept (POC) to test the workarounds in real-time
Migration: Benefits and Significance
Fingent’s SAP S/4HANA migration approach is tailored to your unique business need. Our consultants are always available to walk you through the advantages of SAP S/4HANA migration and guide you in selecting a suitable migration methodology.
- Modernize business systems with the latest technologies
- Increase business agility and flexibility
- Integration with new technologies such as AI and machine learning
- Reduce the challenge of managing premises-based business suites
ECC to SAP S/4HANA Migration
- Simplify business landscape and improve productivity
- Automate routine tasks and improve business performance
- Empower employees with real-time BI and insights
- Take advantage of the intelligent technologies offered by SAP S/4HANA
- Built on SAP HANA, SAP’s high-performing, in-memory database
- Cloud integrates several business applications
- Powered by SAP CoPilot, Machine Learning, and predictive analytics
- Highly desirable ERP solution for small and medium businesses
- Built on SAP’s in-memory database, SAP HANA
- Can be managed internally by an organization
- Control functions, data, HANA database, applications, systems, networks, servers, etc.
- SAP outsourcing partner takes care of deployment and maintenance
SAP S/4HANA Migration Approach
If you are migrating from a non-SAP legacy ERP system or an SAP ERP system like ECC, you can implement a fresh start using the Greenfield approach. We help you implement SAP S/4HANA and load the initial data by migrating your legacy system’s master and transactional data. We are authorized to use standard data migration tools and content shared by SAP.
Fingent solution benefits:
- Lower TCO and increase speed-to-innovation
- Eliminate infrastructure constraints and software dependencies
- Customizable, scalable and compatible migration approach
- Optimize infrastructure and processes in a better fashion
Ready to start the transition to SAP S/4HANA? Expedite your journey to the intelligent ERP with Fingent.
Read Our Case Studies
Our SAP solutions are aligned with our customers’ changing requirements. We ensure that our clients benefit from streamlined and automated IT processes and optimum resource utilization for constant business improvement.
Fingent helps Sonic Biochem attain a seamless migration to SAP S/4HANA
Thermo Pads partners with Fingent to migrate from ECC 6 to SAP S/4HANA
Oil & Gas company enhances preventive maintenance and reduces paperwork with SAP S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA migration refers to moving from your existing SAP ERP system, such as SAP ECC that runs on-premise on a database other than SAP HANA, to SAP’s intelligent, next-generation ERP business suite named SAP S/4HANA that comes in on-premise, cloud-hosted, or hybrid.
There are multiple options recommended by SAP to migrate to SAP S/4HANA. The process can be based on your requirements, maturity level (S/4HANA Finance or full S/4HANA Enterprise Management), budget, and deployment model (Cloud, Hybrid, or On-premise). There are three highly popular transition scenarios: New implementation (greenfield approach), system conversion (brownfield approach), and landscape transformation.
SAP provides tools to simplify the migration process to S/4HANA. SAP S/4 HANA Migration Cockpit is a web-based tool that helps migrate your legacy data into S/4 HANA. It is packed with a set of pre-existing objects that are updated with every release. Apart from the set of standard objects, you can also develop new objects or enhance the existing ones based on your specific needs. Migration Cockpit is available for S/4 HANA Cloud and on-premise from the S/4 HANA Release 1610.
There are a number of migration scenarios when it comes to ECC to S4 HANA migration. To determine the appropriate scenario, your migration partner needs to analyze your current landscape as well as used functionalities and modules in your current SAP landscape/system.
Typically, ECC to SAP S/4HANA migration involves the following phases:
- Preparatory phase
- Technical migration phase
- Delta Customization
- Data Migration
Fingent helps you accomplish a seamless migration from ECC to S/4 HANA. To learn more about the migration process and phases, contact our SAP expert.
Yes. SAP offers the flexibility to deploy with a consistent code line, data model, and user interface. The entire choice of deployment rests with you. You can place a few systems, such as corporate HQ on-premise, or in a private cloud, and deploy a few others, such as subsidiaries, in a public cloud.
Yes. SAP S/4HANA runs only on the SAP HANA database. SAP HANA database is the only in-memory, columnar database that can simplify your data model to enhance your business processes, simplify your business landscape, and help you gain a competitive advantage.