Benefits and Significance of SAP S/4HANA Conversion
With ECC to S/4 HANA conversion, you will experience continuous application innovations. SAP S/4HANA conversion optimizes your application to make the best use of the SAP HANA database capabilities. It helps remove redundancy by unifying functionality (one functionality for one objective), offers responsive user experience design, and reduces your data footprint.
Fingent’s SAP S/4HANA conversion capabilities, powered by our proven methodology, product knowledge, industry expertise, assets, and skilled team, will help you fully capture the value of SAP S/4HANA. From building a business case and planning your SAP S/4HANA journey to defining your conversion roadmap, we help you accomplish a seamless conversion to the intelligent suite. Our experts evaluate your organization’s existing systems, architecture, and technology to eliminate possible conversion risks.
Simplifying S/4HANA Conversion
- Analyze the right platform (On-Premise or Cloud) that fits your requirements and budget
- Analyze if cleansing of data is required to avoid risks of licensing and downtimes
- Successful conversion of legacy SAP or non-SAP ERP system to SAP S/4HANA
- Detailed business roadmap and end-to-end technical support for seamless S4 conversion
- Methodical and systematic execution through pre-conversion, conversion, and post-conversion phases
- Create SAP Sandbox environment initially as a proof of concept (POC) to test the workarounds in real-time
Conversion Backed by Our Experts
Fingent’s SAP S/4HANA conversion services are backed by professional project management practices. Our robust technology innovation experience and turnkey solutions have been implemented across multiple industries and lines of business.
Landscape assessment and Preparation
- Database conversion & migration as well as technical conversion & migration
- Implement SAP S/4HANA without disrupting existing processes
- Modify current business processes to unlock better value
- Evaluate technical and functional aspects and the number of systems to be converted
- Pre-conversion processes to detect any issues in the early phase of the project
- Actual system conversion including adaptation to new business processes, validation, and so on
- Post-conversion support and follow-up activities to ensure users get maximum value from SAP S/4HANA
- Help customers align with these phases throughout their SAP S/4HANA journey
- Determine if current databases should move to a new version
- Greenfield migration to move data from old SAP system into new S/4HANA environment
- Brownfield conversion to upgrade live systems and reuse existing elements selectively
- Smart brownfield conversion for selective migration and process retention
- Identify the right deployment option
- On-premise or cloud deployment based on business needs
- Evaluate each solution against specific organizational needs
- Manage conversion costs in line with budgets and time frames
SAP S/4HANA Conversion Approach
During this phase, Fingent analyzes the current usage of your system and its degree of customization, focusing on the system’s critical areas. We do an impact analysis to determine the relevance of conversion for your system and identify the functional efforts and the business process redesign needed for the conversion. We also assess the compatibility of custom objects with SAP S/4HANA and evaluate insights on existing master data and transactions.
- System Requirement
- Maintenance Planner
- Custom-Code Analysis
Ready to start your transition to the most intelligent ERP? Accelerate your SAP S/4HANA conversion with Fingent.
Read Our Case Studies
When you have an existing SAP system, and you want to convert it to SAP S/4HANA, it is called “system conversion,” aka “brownfield” implementation. An alternative conversion approach is the “greenfield” implementation, where you can build your SAP S/4HANA system from scratch or adopt a hybrid implementation that combines both greenfield and brownfield approaches. You can also convert to SAP S/4HANA following the landscape transformation method if you plan to migrate selective parts of your business process to SAP S/4HANA.
- Review the system requirements and examine its compatibility related to OS, DB, and Stack.
- Maintenance Planner (MP) verifies if the installed components, add-ons, and business functions are compatible with S/4HANA. If no valid path for conversion is available, the MP prevents the conversion.
- SI-CHECKS (Simplification Item check) will identify simplification items relevant to conversion. It means that it checks data inconsistency or missing mandatory preparation activities.
- The Custom Code Migration process describes the tools and necessary activities that help you to migrate custom code. The process consists of preparatory analysis (Custom Code Analysis) and Custom Code Adaptation after the technical conversion.
- SAP Transformation Navigator
- SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA
- Maintenance Planner (MP)
- SAP Roadmap Viewer
- Simplification Item Catalog
- SUM 2.0 Prerequisite Check
- ABAP Test Cockpit (ATC)
SAP recommends multiple options to migrate to SAP S/4HANA. The process can be based on your requirements, maturity level (S/4HANA Finance or full S/4HANA Enterprise Management), budget, and deployment model (Cloud, Hybrid, or On-premise). There are three highly popular transition scenarios: New implementation (greenfield approach), system conversion (brownfield approach), and landscape transformation.
SAP has announced that SAP ECC 6.0 will be fully supported until 2027. It means that your legacy SAP system should not get outdated by failing to take advantage of the intelligent technologies offered by SAP S/4HANA, the next-generation ERP business suite. SAP ECC to S/4HANA conversion typically has three paths to choose from: Brownfield approach, Greenfield approach, and Selective Data Transition.
- Analyze the right deployment option and conversion method that addresses our client’s business challenges, requirements, budget, and time frame.
- We offer our clients support for improved decision-making by answering their questions and concerns about SAP S/4HANA conversion.
- A preparatory activity of cleansing data is crucial to avoid risks such as licensing, unwanted costs, and downtimes.
- A proficient group of SAP experts is the key to ensuring a successful transition to SAP S/4HANA. Being a Silver Partner of SAP, we are adept at this.
- Prepare a detailed roadmap for your business and provide end-to-end technical support services during implementation.
- Critical and systematic conversion planning that follows high industry standards and recommended SAP regulations.
- Create SAP Sandbox environment initially as a proof of concept (POC) to test the workarounds, learn how the solutions deliver results in real-time settings, and finalize decisions before making any changes or enhancements to your original system.