Developing and Deploying Enterprise-Grade Applications with Microsoft
Lack of internal and customer-facing applications will hurt your business performance. Outsource your app development to the right tech partner.
Microsoft Technology Stack – A Solid Foundation to Your Business Applications
- An open-source platform for building desktop, web, and mobile applications that can run natively on any operating system.
- Includes tools, libraries, and languages that support modern, scalable, and high-performance software development.
- Various implementations of .NET allow .NET code to execute on different operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.
- .NET is popular among developers as it supports building high-performing applications, and offers ease of development, along with extensive community support.
- Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that offers reliable server security using encryption and offers a set of processes to facilitate the fetching, recovering, and restoring of data quickly.
- Bundles a variety of features to support data management, transaction processing, business intelligence, and analytics tools with SQL server.
- All editions of Microsoft SQL Server come with advanced security features including row-level data security, dynamic data masking, and transparent data encryption.
- Most of the features in Microsoft SQL Server are also supported in Azure SQL database, a cloud database service built on the SQL Server Database Engine.
- A web-based collaborative platform, primarily sold as a document management and storage system that integrates natively with Microsoft 365.
- Commonly used for enterprise content and document management, file hosting services, intranet and social network, team collaboration, and custom web application development.
- SharePoint allows developers to follow a structured approach to developing modern applications that do not necessarily depend on .NET.
- Helps develop mobile-ready and responsive web applications quickly and supports client-side as well as server-side development.
- An open-source, server-side web application framework that allows programmers to build dynamic websites, applications and services.
- Programmers can write ASP.NET code using any language supported by the .NET framework.
- Helps build large and complex applications with minimal code and also reduces the application development time and costs involved.
- ASP.NET Core, the successor of ASP.NET, is a re-implementation of ASP.NET as a modular web framework which uses the new open-source .NET Compiler Platform and is cross platform compatible.
- Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform that offers a broad range of cloud services, including compute, analytics, storage and networking.
- Provides a range of capabilities, including software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Supports multiple programming languages, tools, and frameworks, including Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
- Since Azure cloud services are sorted into nearly two dozen categories, it supports extremely diverse use cases.
- Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft used to develop websites, web apps, web services and mobile apps.
- It uses Microsoft development platforms such as Windows API, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Store, and Microsoft Silverlight to produce both native code and managed code.
- Visual Studio serves as an efficient platform for developers to code, debug, and test their applications with improved accuracy.
- Visual Studio is not a language-specific IDE as it supports developers to code in 36 different programming languages.
- Microsoft Web API framework is used to build application programming interfaces that can push data to the servers and fetch information that needs to be displayed to the users.
- Works with protocols such as HTTP, WebSockets, SSL, JSON, and XML, and is compatible with mobile, desktop or web applications.
- Does not pose any limitations to use just a single interface or technology for interacting with its users.
- Web APIs are highly useful in the implementation of RESTFUL web services using .NET framework and help develop HTTP services to reach out to client entities like browsers, devices or tablets.
- Microsoft 365 (Office 365) is a SaaS-based suite of productivity software, collaboration and cloud-based services owned by Microsoft.
- Encompasses online services such as Outlook.com, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and more.
- Specific editions with productivity solutions for business, home, and enterprises are available.
- Comes with a bundle of innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security to help businesses achieve more.
- Dynamics CRM is a centralized, data-driven software solution for businesses to manage, track, and store information related to potential customers.
- Predictive insights and data-driven buyer behavior enables businesses to identify, target, and attract the right leads—and then turn them into customers.
- Benefits your individual business teams, including sales and marketing teams, customer service agents, field service teams, and project service automation teams.
- Caters to different lines of business, including sales and service teams, small and medium businesses, commerce, marketing, customer data platforms, finance and operations, human resources, and supply chain.
- WCF is a framework for building service-oriented applications that help send data as asynchronous messages from one service endpoint to another.
- WCF makes the development of endpoints easier than ever, as the framework is designed to offer a manageable approach to creating Web services and Web service clients.
- Due to its extreme flexibility, WCF integrates easily with other Microsoft technologies.
- WCF offers numerous features to support service orientation, interoperability, service metadata, multiple message patterns, security, data contracts, transactions, and extensibility, to name a few.
- WPF is a resolution-independent framework that uses a vector-based rendering engine to take advantage of modern graphics hardware.
- Provides a comprehensive set of application development features such as Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML), controls, data binding, layout, 2D and 3D graphics, animation, styles, templates, documents, media, text, and typography.
- WPF is part of .NET, so you can build applications that incorporate other elements of the .NET API.
By engaging the right software development partner, you can easily cut through the complexity and choose the right technology stack for your business.
Benefits of Using Microsoft Technologies in Application Development
Microsoft technologies enable faster app creation and deployment, but the true benefits can be realized by working with the right software development partner.
Fingent’s Expertise in Microsoft Technologies & Development Tools
Microsoft Development Services to Address Every Priority of Your Business
Fingent’s Success Stories on Leveraging Microsoft Technologies
Custom Project Management Solution for a Leading Manufacturer of Pharma & Consumer Goods
Fingent developed a customized project management solution for Johnson and Johnson, the leading American multinational pharmaceutical and consumer goods manufacturer, to help them identify project needs, manage communication with teams, escalate issues, and do much more - all from a single solution.
- Implemented a lightweight solution with Microsoft WPF running over the .NET platform
- Attained an overall productivity gain of 55% within the first quarter of deploying the solution
- Lowered technology expenses by half using better insights, filtering options, and in-depth analytics
- Microsoft technologies used: WPF, SQLite, Entity Framework, .NET, etc.
Rentmoji, The All-in-one Property Management Platform
A leading realtor wanted to develop a software application that centralizes all the aspects of the property management lifecycle. Analyzing the challenges faced by different stakeholders in the real estate business, we built Rentmoji, an all-in-one property management suite that helps streamline and manage diverse operations in the real estate industry.
- The company grew from 2 to 160 employees within two years of implementing the software
- Customized portals and integrations for tenants, owners, and vendors
- Enhanced speed-to-market with cloud capabilities and automation
- Microsoft technologies used: .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, etc.