Table of Contents
- What is Augmented Reality?
- Why Is Augmented Reality Important In Retail and eCommerce?
- What are the Latest AR Trends in Retail?
- Why is AR a Powerful Retail Sales Channel?
- How Does AR Increase Sales in Retail?
- Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality
- Benefits of Augmented Reality in Retail
- Fingent’s AR-enabled Applications for Retailers
- Most Common Q&As on AR in Retail
What is Augmented Reality?
By 2024, the number of mobile AR users will reach 1.73 billion.
Why Is Augmented Reality Important In Retail and eCommerce?
40% of consumers say they would pay more for a product that they could customize in AR.
What are the Latest AR Trends in Retail?
Top AR Trends in Retail Today
Improved In-store ExperienceUsing AR apps on mobile devices, customers can now quickly access product details, try out varied colors of the desired products, and make purchase decisions faster without actually trying each one out. The popular brand Lacoste gained much traction when they implemented this AR feature to bring their sports shoe colors to life!
AR will enable retailers to deliver impactful, well-timed, and relevant user experiences that increase customer value, both in physical stores as well as in ecommerce!
Enriching Customer Experiences With Smart Malls Of The Future!
Watch more on how your business can leverage AR for a unique and smart mall experience!
Why is AR a Powerful Retail Sales Channel?
32% of consumers use AR while shopping!
How Does AR Increase Sales in Retail?
The age of analyzing products via videos and images is gone! Customers now need more! With AR, realtors can bring their products closer to their customers, enabling them to interact with the items meanwhile establishing added brand value and customer trust!
- Venkatesh Alagarsamy, AR, VR, MR, Metaverse Expert, Fingent.
Real-World Cases Of Boosted Customer Experience with AR
AR Taking Cabin Manufacturing To New Heights: Use Case
- Customers can build and design their own sheds using AR
- Automate floor plans
- Reduced human errors
- Streamline planning of cabin constructions
- Estimate pricing accurately
AR Powered apps for E-Commerce: Use Case
- Interactive mobile apps enabling 3D preview of objects
- Agnostic web solution for Ecommerce
- No restrictions on a wide range of product displays
- Improved customer engagement and interaction
- Personalized shopping made possible from anywhere
61% of consumers say they prefer retailers with AR experiences.
Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality
- Augments the real-world experience of the user
- Creates virtual experience by overlaying digital content on top of what the user is already seeing
- Detects markers such as barcodes or QR codes to deliver AR animations to specific user locations
- Explored best with smartphones
- AR SDKs empower mobile apps to detect and capture real-time user environments
- Reflects true-to-life conditions and real-life scenarios
- Creates a fully-immersive virtual environment
- Total immersion is accomplished by shutting the user from the real-world
- Virtual Reality Modeling Language or VRML experiences delivered via a client-side interface to simulate virtual environments
- Explored best with a VR headset
- VR SDKs allow users to navigate pre-loaded and cloud-stored streams by using controllers and environment trackers
- Virtual representation of real-life conditions
Augmented Reality Boosts Online Shopping Sales Up To 200% - Forbes
Augmented Reality In Retail: Why Is It Picking Up Steam In Today’s Digital Age?
AR will boost your customers’ trust and drive their purchasing confidence.
71% of consumers say they would shop more often if they used AR.
Fingent’s AR-enabled Applications for Retailers
1. Advanced In-store Experiences
2. AR Product Visualizer
3. Interactive User Manuals
Augmented Reality Reshaping eCommerce!
What more on how you can smartly and seamlessly deploy AR for your eCommerce!
How Fingent Can Help Your Business Build Intuitive Apps With AR
With our expertise around ARKit for iOS Platforms, Spark AR, Lens Studio, Vuforia, Web AR Solutions, and AR Core for Android Platforms we help create powerful user experiences that fetch a competitive edge.
Bring the “Wow” factor to your eCommerce with virtual try-ons, preview placements, AR filters, and more!
We help you deploy AR to improve medical training, pediatric MRI evaluation, venipuncture procedures, dentistry, and more!
With AR connect faster with your machines to work smarter at reduced costs, and effective time management.