Odoo vs Sage: Know What Is Better For Your Business?
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software helps keep track of your product, sales, marketing, and other metrics and boosts organizational efficiency. However, finding the right one for your business can be a daunting task. While some are better suited for small companies or large companies, others may not even offer the services you are looking for. In this post, we compare two big-name ERPs- Odoo and Sage so you can decide which one is best suited for your business.
All About Sage?
Sage is one of the leading vendors of ERP software with clients across 160 countries. It offers solutions in Accounting, Human Resource Management, and Payments and Payroll. Its solutions include Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage X3, and Sage Intacct.
Sage’s top features include;
- Sage X3 offers a sales, purchasing, inventory, CRM, finance, and manufacturing module
- Sage 300 offers sales order management, finance, and inventory tools and integrated payments.
- Sage Intacct offers six modules such as billing, core financial, dashboard, and reporting, budgeting and planning, and platform to choose from. The sixth module is advanced functionality that you need to discuss with a representative.
- For business insights, paperless card processing, CRM, budgeting, and planning, opt for Sage 100 Essentials. It also offers several add-ons and third-party apps.
Who can use Sage?
Sage offers different programs depending on your business needs.
- Sage 100 can be used by small to medium-sized businesses.
- Medium to large businesses such as process manufacturing, food, and beverage industries can use Sage X3.
- Sage Intacct can be used by companies of all sizes especially healthcare, entertainment, non-profits, and more.
Sage offers customized pricing based on your specific business needs and so is subscription-based.
Challenges associated with Sage
While Sage 100 and 300 are not cloud services, Sage X3 and Sage Intacct both offer cloud services. However, Sage X3 uses on-premise hosting while Sage Intacct is browser-based. For Sage 100 and 300 cloud integration is available through Sage Partner Cloud.
All About Odoo?
Odoo is a popular open-source ERP that boasts over seven million users. It is a newer ERP software system that is freely available for the management of business processes. Odoo is available in two versions- the Odoo community edition that has limited features and the ability to customize. The other one is the Odoo Enterprise which comes packed with features and customization ability.
Top Features of Odoo are;
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Sales Management
- Warehouse Management
- Purchase Management
- Project Management
The cost of Odoo depends on the number of users and the apps selected for your business requirements. Also, it is available with SaaS subscription pricing as the Enterprise edition or as the Odoo free Community version. While the Odoo community edition is free of charge, the Odoo Enterprise edition has a license fee.
Who can use Odoo?
Every company, small or big can leverage Odoo as you can choose among its 20 main modules to suit your business needs. It also allows you to add modules as your company and requirements grow. That said, there is no minimum number of users for the cloud base and can be used by both freelancers and solo operators easily.
The main highlight of Odoo is that it does not specialize in any particular industry. So, any company regardless of the industry can use Odoo for their management needs.
Challenges with Odoo ERP Implementation
- You may need to revamp your server and workstation to make sure they are compatible with the Odoo ERP app.
- Another big challenge is that the information formed through the traditional framework may not be compatible with the new Odoo ERP. However, this struggle can be prevented by careful project planning.
- With Odoo, there could be major changes in the business directs, models, and practices. The data entered by a user can be accessed by others in real-time.
- For successful Odoo implementation, you may have to implement new administrative practices and standards or update existing practices.
Which is Better: Sage or Odoo?
As mentioned above, Sage offers an impressive number of products but it is difficult to choose the right one for your needs. Also, as the pricing is quote-based, it becomes difficult to know how much you’ll be paying. That said, Sage is optimized for specific industries such as real estate and construction.
Odoo, on the other hand, is a great option for users looking to personalize the software themselves and want a more hands-on experience.
Traditional practices are becoming obsolete as newer and more powerful solutions become available. So, selecting an adaptable software solution that can help in the long-term development and growth of your business is crucial.
If you’re looking to find the right ERP for your business or need help with optimization, we’re here to help. We provide the best ERP implementation services to improve your business efficiency. Connect with our experts today!